- Street: 62 Kairaba Avenue
- Address: Fajara M Section, Serrekunda
- Land Mark Direction: Opposite Pipeline Mosque
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: findit.gm
- Tel: +220 4371170
- City: Banjul
- Region: Serrekunda
- Country: The Gambia
- Listed: December 31, 2015 3:06 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Description of the Business
RLG Gambia Company Limited, on Kairaba Avenue, is an ICT manufacturer and distributor of mobile phones, Android smartphones, laptops, tablet PCs, desktop computers, internet routers, flat LCD TV screens and accessories. RLG Communications Ltd has its origins in Roagam Links which was established by its CEO and chairman, Roland Agambire, in March 2001. It was later re-named RLG, given a major make-over and subsequently became the well established limited liability company it is today.
The private, indigenous, African ICT firm is a subsidiary of Agams Holdings from Ghana, which also has an assembly factory in Nigeria and has plans to expand outside the West African sub-region. With its products production in full operation it plans to use Banjul as an export hub to various regional markets such as Senegal, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast and beyond. It already has offices in Kenya, Dubai, China and Angola.
One of the aims of RLG, in partnership with the Gambia Government, is targeted at training youth in mobile phone assembling, servicing and repairs. The main social goal of some of their projects is to equip unemployed teenagers with useful skills in mobile phone repairs, managerial and marketing skills that will ensure their long-term, sustainable financial independence.
In 2009 RLG Communications (Ghana), in partnership with Unique Solutions, completed the first stage of a youth mobile phone maintenance, assembly and repair program. In 2011 the firm agreed with its local partner firm to create the country’s first computer and cell phone production plant, repair unit and showroom. The Banjul based ICT Devices Assembly Plant Complex, operated by RLG Gambia Ltd., was officially inaugurated on the 9th June 2013. In the same year the assembly plant had a production capacity of 200 laptops and 500 mobile phones a day.
All of their products come with a full 1 year warranty as well as the option of upgrades.
RLG Communications Product Range Sold in Gambia:
• MdsOne Desktop:- Windows XP OS, 19 inch screen, CPU: 2.6 Dual Core, HDD: 500GB and RAM: 2GB
• Uhuru Tablet / Laptop:- 3G enabled with Windows 8 Operating System, 11.6” Touch Screen, In-Built digital camera, head jack, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB, Mini SATAIII SSD 64GB HDD, mic, SD card reader and HDMI port.
• MgsOne Laptop:- Windows 7 XP OS, 12.1 Inch Screen, Wireless Network, RAM: DDRIII SO-DIMM 2GB, HDD: 250GB SATA, Bluetooth, built-in 1.3 mega pixel camera, CPU: Intel N455 1.66 GHz, WLAN and 4 hour battery life.
• Fusion Tab:- (smartphone) 8 inch Captive Touch Panel, screen, ANDROID OS, 3G WiFi Internet CDMA 3G/EVDO / GSM Edge, dual SIMM card bays, 4 megapixel camera, 16GB HDD, USB, 1GB ram, front & back cameras, built-in GPS and Bluetooth,
• Mobile Phones:-
R Series (R45, R6, R7 & R8)
G Series (G51, G53)
L Series mobile phone (L8)