Full-Time Water Manager
. Advice management on Directorate policy matters concerning Water sector.
. Be responsible for the preparation of annual Directorate activities and budgets on water & sewage sector regulation technical Regulations ensuring the implementation of policy decision of government, board and Management relating to Water sector.
. Development water conservation and work with relevant Directorates in consumer awareness programmers
. Set objectives for other subordinate staff to ensure high standard of performance.
. Ensure the periodic tests are done in accordance to the guidelines, and result reports completed.
. Ensure that the Directorate operates effectively in line with the Authority’s corporate goals and objectives.
. Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
Education /Qualifications Requirements:
. A university honors Degree in Engineering, Environment, Physical, Natural or Biological Sciences or equivalent related field of study.
. A Masters Degree in a relevant field with be an added advantage.
. Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working in a similar institution or a related field,
. Familiarity with water and sewage sector safety practices and regulations, guidelines;
. Knowledge and regulations, production and water treatment processes.
. Capacity to Address customer water quality issues and complaints.
. experience in analyzing results following sampling, qualitative and quantitative and quantitative laboratory testing;
. Knowledge and experience in drinking water quality standards and analysis (e.g. EU Directive/ WHO Drinking Water Guidelines).
. Knowledge about the water industry in the Gambia;
Required Skill and Competencies:
ideal candidates will posses,but not iirnited, to the following
- Adaptability-ability to keep calm when dealing with difficult situations;
- Excellent team workers with a commitment to building relationships;
- A demonstrated ability to manage, develop and motivate a dynamic staff.
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to think on your feet.
- The ability to work under pressure in a dead-line-driven environment.
- Be willing to go on trek to the provinces;
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to details;
- excellent technical and analytical skills;
- problem solving and drive results;
- Must be fluent in English’with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent professional report writing skills;
- polite tactful and friendly character;
- Ability to network and maintain effective working relationships with other government agencies,ministries;
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Office and windows
- Ability to master new systems and to enter and manager data efficiently accurately
- A mature approach to work;
How to ApplyAPPLICATION; Interested applicants can apply and send the application details including detailed curriculum vitae including copies relevant certificates to: The Director General public utilities regulation authority (PURA) 94 Kairaba Avenue P. O Box 4230, Bakau kanifing munucipality Deadline for submission of application: 15th December 2014
402 total views, 2 today